Post by twinpinesmt on Dec 17, 2005 19:37:21 GMT -5
We've all enjoyed redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country, and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns (or in Texas.... deer rifles), and grit.... that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I'm one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends.... ya'll know who ya' are!
You might be a Redneck if:
1. It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."
2. You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
3. You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival".
4. You remove your hat and bow your head when anyone prays.
5. You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play our National Anthem.
6. You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.
7. You've never burned an American flag, but would kick someone's butt that did.
8. You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so.... no matter who's listening.
9. You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.
10. You'd give your last dollar to a friend.
If you got this email from me, it's because I believe that you, like me, have just enough Red Neck in you to have the same beliefs as those talked about above.