New York draw up! Jan 7, 2009 15:34:17 GMT -5
Post by Homeslice on Jan 7, 2009 15:34:17 GMT -5
Hey all, the PBR has posted the round 1 draw for NYC. Looks like another good one, and so here is the draw and some match-ups. Feel free to agree or disagree with my picks!
1. Aaron Roy Bad Blood Chad Berger / Clay Struve
2. Austin Meier Out of the Box Chad Berger / Winston Loe
3. Billy Robinson Because I Said So Sonny Williams
4. Brendon Clark Aerial Assault Sonny Williams
5. Brian Herman Cooper Chad Berger / Clay Struve / Julie Rosen
6. Brian Canter Big Coyote Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
7. Pistol Robinson Hootie Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
8. Clayton Foltyn Drill Baby Drill Chad Berger / Winston Loe
9. Clayton Williams Cool Cat John & Lacey Berger
10. Cody Ford Pinball Wizard Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
11. Cody Campbell North Dakota Kid Chad Berger / Jim Quintaine
12. Colby Yates Pandora's Box Chad Berger / Winston Loe
13. Cord McCoy Drunk Monk Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
14. D.J. Domangue Clam Digger John & Lacey Berger
15. Dustin Hall One Eyed Willie Sonny Williams
16. Dustin Elliott Double S Little A Williams / Mucherino
17. Ednei Caminhas Cosmo Sonny Williams
18. Greg Potter Chug-A-Lug John & Lacey Berger
19. Guilherme Marchi Booger Butt Robinson/Tedesco /Larry the Cable Guy /Broken N-N
20. Harve Stewart El Presidente Jeff Robinson / Broken N-N / SkyHawk Rugs
21. J B Mauney Copperhead Slinger Chad Berger / Clay Struve
22. Josh Koschel Rude Awakening Chad Berger Bucking Bulls
23. Kasey Hayes War Zone Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
24. Kody Lostroh Gappy Joe Robinson / Larry the Cable Guy
25. LJ Jenkins Micro Burst Sonny Williams
26. Leonil Santos Lacey Balls Lacey Berger / Clay Struve
27. Luke Snyder Rockin Robin Chad Berger / Clay Struve
28. Matt Bohon Puddle of Mud Jeff Robinson / Bar-X
29. Mike White God's Gift Chad Berger / Clay Struve
30. Mike Lee Indisputable Sonny Williams
31. Nick Landreneau Slim Biscuits Chad Berger / Clay Struve
32. Pim Rosa Red Rum Chad Berger / Clay Struve
33. Reese Cates Countersink Williams / Roth
34. Renato Nunes Say I Won't Gunner Chad Berger / Clay Struve
35. Robson Palermo Chicken Hawk Chad Berger / Clay Struve
36. Ross Coleman Lil' Feller Jeff Robinson Bucking Bulls
37. Ryan McConnel SkyHawk Cut-a-Rug Jeff Robinson / Broken N-N / Kenny Jack
38. Ryan Dirteater Bad Medicine Chad Berger / Clay Struve / Berger Bucking Bulls
39. Sean Willingham Hard Copy Williams / Mucherino
40. Shane Proctor Lights Out Chad Berger / Clay Struve
41. Travis Briscoe Road Daddy Lacey Berger / Ande Hawks
42. Valdiron de Oliveira The Godfather Chad Berger / Low / Rosen
43. Vince Northrop Sir Patrick Chad Berger / Clay Struve / Julie Rosen
44. Wiley Petersen Federal Officer Sonny Williams
45. Zack Brown Blue Boy Chad Berger / Roger Ward
Pistol Robinson on Hootie: This bull has only been ridden once, and that was 2 years ago. Pistol has not been riding well lately, and on a tough bull like this one, he won't make it too far. Hootie gets the win on this one.
Colby Yates on Pandora's Box: Boy, did Colby ever get a tough draw. The bull's only been ridden 5 out of 59 times coming into this event. Colby can ride some good bulls when he is on, but even if you are on, Pandora's Box will not care and he'll see to it that you go to the ground quickly. As good as he rides, I think Colby will become yet another victim of this superstar bull.
Harve Stewart on El Presidente: El Presidente can get you some top dollars in the go-round if you're good enough to make the whistle on him. Harve has talent, but a bull like El Presidente may not be the right fit for him. I pick the bull here.
Kody Lostroh on Gappy Joe: Say hello to your new BFTS points leader: Mr. Kody Lostroh. Gappy Joe gets ridden often, and for a guy like Kody, it'll be another day at the office for him. Kody will stick it on him and should be somewhere in the top 10 of this round.
Renato Nunes on Say I Won't Gunner: I love this match-up. Gunner's gotta be one of the rankest of this round, but if you're a rank bull, you are in trouble if Renato draws you. Long story short, Renato not only takes this one, but will contend for the go-round win IMO.
Shane Proctor on Lights Out: Shane looks like he's finally hit his stride on the BFTS, at least lately he has. Lights Out has been ridden roughly half the time, but he seems to be the kind of bull that'll fit Shane's riding style. I'll go with Shane here, and I think he should be in the top 10 of the round as well.
....hey, I can't pick all the match-ups here, and I know I left out some good ones (like J.B. Mauney on Copperhead Slinger - talk about explosive, can't wait for that one again!), but I'll leave that for some others to pick for their own match-ups.
Looks like Valdiron's okay enough to ride in this event this weekend, and that's great, especially given that scary landing on his neck last week. Unfortunately, looks like Chris Shivers is out - again, and on the week I'm going too! I can never seem to see him live! - so I guess the broken nose must've been worse than we all imagined. Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be an exciting event, and I personally can't wait for it (especially Sunday when I get to go there myself)!
INTERESTING NOTE: I was 10 for 12 on my picks last week - great way to start off '09 for me! For a guy who lives in the New York metro area, that's not bad....but I'm bragging, and I promised I'd never do that.